RGB Triple Bypass – Update!

The Triple Bypass is a mod which encapsulates 3 important things for Genesis: RGB Bypass, Mega Amp audio, and CSYNC level selection. Alot of you have been asking for an update to the Genesis Triple Bypass project. Well, the latest progess, as of July 8th 2017, is I’ve just finished the layout for the 0.2 version of the bypass. Prototypes for this version will ordered within a few weeks.

Changes from version 0.1:

• Moved the Mini DIN 9 connector to the bottom layer to facilitate installation in Model 1 Genesis.
  • Added jumper to enable/disable the THS7374 internal filter
  • Added jumper to select CSYNC voltage between TTL and video level
  • THS7374 video inputs now DC coupled
  • Added jumpers to bypasd internal audio Mega Amp

René

Electronics engineer and retrogaming fanatic!

11 thoughts on “RGB Triple Bypass – Update!

• July 9, 2017 at 11:35

Can’t wait to see that René ! Love your product man !

• July 12, 2017 at 16:19

I have been following this project with baited breath for about a year now. I’m really looking forward to it.

• July 12, 2017 at 19:03

Hi, is there any chance of getting discrete TTL H/V sync signals through the “SYNC” and “CVBS” pins on the mini-DIN selectable by a jumper? (Who needs CVBS anyway? S-Video on the other hand..) Then a VGA+audio out cable would be simple to make. Or am I the only one interested in something like that? (If so then please ignore.)

• July 13, 2017 at 04:14

So happy reading this news! I look forward to reading more about it!

• July 13, 2017 at 17:35

I am desperate for a solution to the jailbars on my Japanese Mega Drive. I’ll snap up one of these as soon as they are ready!

• July 21, 2017 at 21:07

Will this work in any model Genesis as a “cut-free” mod?? Will the instructions denote where the different resistor values on the audio amp would need to be changed? Will this output composite video also (the labelling is hard to read)? Does this board have the capability to output S-video? (I know a guy with an S-Video CRT….)

• August 27, 2017 at 01:25

Can’t wait to get a few of these. Is it going to be compatible with both the MD1 and 2 as well as the Master System?

• August 28, 2017 at 08:53

Technically it’s a rather generic RGB amplifier so it could be used in many places. The audio portion is definitely tailored for Genesis and the PCB design is specifically made to fit in a Model 1.

• September 1, 2017 at 20:46

René do you have any idea when these will be available and who may be having them assembled? My body needs this.

• September 1, 2017 at 21:32

I have the latest revision on order for testing. Should be in within one month.

• September 2, 2017 at 10:05

Awesome! I have Genesis 2 mini-dins ordered from china for whenever I can get my hands on one of these